Here’s a simple Creamy Roasted Capsicum soup recipe using only fresh ingredients. Soup that’s made fresh is so much more nutritious and delicious than soup from a can. Seek out organic produce for the highest nutrition and the purest flavour.
Here’s what you need:
- 5 red capsicums, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- Roast the capsicum on a grill pan. Let them get really blackened. Place in a closed paper bag for 15 minutes. Peel off the skin, remove the seeds and stem.
- Transfer the roasted capsicum and the remaining ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth then heat on the stove. It’s really delicious chilled, too. Garnish with a Tablespoon of coconut milk and chopped parsley.
There you have your Creamy Roasted Capsicum Soup. I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 227 calories, 18g fat, 512mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 3g fibre, and 6g protein