I almost forgot to mention that Fit Life food, while healthy and controlled, is still quite delicious! This Spinach and Egg Breakfast Wrap is satisfying and nourishing for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s ready in a flash, tastes amazing, and is filled with lean protein, veggies and wholegrains. Try it today, but don’t be surprised if you get hooked!
Here’s what you need…
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup eggs
- dash of salt and pepper
- 2 wholegrain tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons pesto (purchase it natural pre-made, or combine ½ cup walnuts, 2 cups basil leaves, 2 cloves garlic, ¼ cup olive oil, and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice in a food processor and blend until it becomes a paste.)
¼ cup tomato, finely chopped
- Spread a tablespoon of pesto over each tortilla and set aside.
- In medium sized skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until golden. Add the tomato and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until it is soft and wilted. Remove the veggies from skillet, set aside in a bowl.
- Pour the egg whites into the skillet, season with salt and pepper. Cook until the egg is no longer runny.
- Arrange half of the eggs in a line down the center of each tortilla. Top with half of the veggies and then fold the ends up and wrap like a burrito.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 288 calories, 10g fat, 28g carbohydrate, 6g fibre, and 21g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this Spinach and Egg Breakfast Wrap recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!