Firstly, thanks to Ebony Cavallaro and the crew from Nine News for dropping by our Boot Camp on Saturday morning!
Added to an already exciting morning of group fitness being back, pumping music (woo hoo) and a delicious healthy birthday cake for Mary Consistent Claire courtesy of Magnificent Mel!
You can check us out by searching for Saturday night’s Brisbane news on the 9Now app.
Now I’m SUPER EXCITED to finally be able to post this today
As the government begins to reopen Queensland, I want to share our exact plans for starting back with our classes. We can’t wait to see people enjoying our classes again … it feels like it’s been forever!
The purpose of this email is for two reasons:
- To share our plans for re-starting our classes (woohoo!)
- To share all of the extra preventative measures and precautions we are taking to keep our space clean and our members healthy and safe!
The health and safety of our members are our #1 priority, and every decision we’ve made has been guided by that premise.
Feedback from our members has been invaluable, and we’ve combined that with the government and Chief Health Officers guidelines to come up with our action plan.
SUPREME FITNESS REOPENING PLAN
Overview: We have a phased approach to reopening, similar to the 3-phased approach laid out to the government.
Now Phase 1 has been announced for Queensland, our plan is to: start our groups up to 9 people and small group classes with 2-5 people from today.
Phase 1 of the federal government’s reopening guidelines allow for gatherings of 10 or less people (including the trainer), and still recommend social distancing guidelines.
1-1 Personal Training Open: Since our sessions are all less than 10 people and we have had enough space to safely hold classes, PT will continue to be offered!
To reserve your sessions: click here to book your free consultation
Small Group OPENING: We are excited to be able to reopen the doors for small group classes! Because our class size is less than 9 people, we can look after 2-5 family and friends in a group again!
Boot Camp Group Classes OPENING: We are just as excited to be able to reopen the doors for group classes! Because our class size is less than 9 people, we will be reopening with reduced classes sizes and a full schedule.
Our class schedule will be: click here
In order to continue serving our clients at the highest level, we will be waiting until Phase 2 to open the doors for our sport based group classes however classes with physical distancing can go ahead as of today.
We appreciate your patience as we work through the reopening phases!
When Phase 2 and 3 is announced, our plan is to: consider sport based fitness classes under the AIS guidelines for rebooting community sport. Physical distancing will still be maintained at all other times.
SUPREME FITNESS EXTRA SAFETY MEASURES:
Now that our plan is laid out, we want to make sure you know about all of the additional health and safety precautions we’re taking at SUPREME FITNESS!
UPGRADED CLEANING SCHEDULE: We will be making sure the equipment will be thoroughly disinfected throughout the day before and after each use. We’ve allowed for more time between sessions so we are able to clean equipment more effectively. This includes the regular cleaning. If we ever need it, we now have a fall back career in professional cleaning. 😉
UPDATED PROGRAMMING: We’ve updated our workout programming so members will be able to workout in their own dedicated space, and will not have to share equipment during your workout. For example, members will have their own workout stations at least 1.5m apart and classes will be designed to ensure minimal equipment is shared.
HAND SANITISER & DISINFECTING WIPES: These items will be readily available for use at class.
TEAM HANDWASHING: Our coaches and team will be washing their hands when they arrive and leave for at LEAST 20 seconds, and also throughout the day after each class or coaching session.
SUPREME FITNESS CLIENT PREVENTION:
We are in this together, and we need YOUR help as we reopen to keep our studio as safe as possible.
- Workout Shoes Only: We are asking that everyone use gym shoes only (no high heels) at class. This will help avoid tracking in any germs or bacteria. Please bring a separate pair of runners that you only wear at class.
- Air High-Fives! As much as we LOVE high-fives at class, we’ll be doing air-high-fives for the time being. Sadly group hugs are also cancelled after someone scores an awesome goal.
- Hand Washing: Washing hands (up to your elbows) for at LEAST 20 seconds BEFORE and AFTER workouts.
- Keeping Equipment Clean: We’ll be wiping down every piece of equipment each use (with our disinfectant and paper towel).
- Please Stay Home If You’re Not Well: If you’ve booked in with us and not feeling 100%, please stay home and rest or participate in our online programs until you are feeling better. Click here for more info.
- Please Avoid “Congregating” In Groups Before / After Class: We also are asking members to avoid gathering in groups before, during, or after their workouts. Again, this is because of social distancing guidelines. If people arrive early for your workout, they should consider staying in their car until it’s time to train.
Phew! That was a lot to cover! Please know the above may change slightly if government recommendations change. Thank you so much for your patience as we navigate through the reopening of our classes.
We can not WAIT to see you at Supreme Fitness sometime soon! As always, we’re here for you. If you have any questions or need anything, reach out any time.